Thursday 7 May 2015

Blog 7

Today we are going on a road trip to Southampton General Hospital. That means picking music for the journey, something we always say we will do the night before but always leave until the last second before we set off. Of course we left it until the morning then...err....forgot. You would think - music, being so important to us, I would remember to gather a few CD's. That's all I had to do as Lucie does everything else.

One of those things that Lucinda does when we go to the hospital, is make a cracking pack-up. She had made some gorgeous fruit bread yesterday, which made the whole house (in fact, street, according to Conor last night.....ha ha), smell wonderful. And there was chocolate biscuits (she ppp...picked up a Penguin – well one each actually.)
Second outing in the wheelchair
And of course while we were at the hospital, Lucie had a beautiful beef stew cooking away in the slow cooker.

We are at the hospital today so I can have a MRI planner head scan. I was wheeled into a changing room and given a gown....1 gown. I normally get given 2. You need two, one for the front and one to cover...well your behind. “I'll be back in a second to wheel you into the scanning room. Have you ever been scanned before?”
Ha ha – a few times, yes – six years worth!
To be honest, I think that nurse forgot about me. I was in there ages but that's OK, it gave me a little time to think about if I should make this blog live or just keep it as a personal diary.

Everything went well though – except one nurse/radiographer dropping and making a stunning catch of some very expensive equipment. And I didn't end up at the bottom of the hill inside The Cove Inn.....Shame really.....

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you decided to make these blogs live and not just for your personal log, you know, whenever I call in here to read your words I always think the same things, mainly of how courageous and simply marvellous you both are. I know in my previous comments that I have added a jovial twist, this is your fault for offering up all these delicious treats that Lucinda makes for you. My mouth (not the moth) is watering again and I can only imagine how yummy everything was in your snack box. I know what you mean about those ass flashing gowns too, bloody hell it's like a regular bottom parade in those hospitals, it makes no wonder that an ass can be snapped and plundered on the Internet... No yours has not surfaced yet, but mark my words it will do, eventually ;) lol

    Take good care of yourselves and keep adding these blogs, I just wish more people were calling in to read them, but I know that they will so keep up the good work :)

    Gray Dawster, Andro Vampy and Me

    ReplyDelete